NOMAD covers all the monitoring needs encountered in hybrid IP multicast, OTT and RF networks. It is the ultimate all-in-one monitoring and analysis solution for the technician on the move.
NOMAD is a breakthrough design with almost every conceivable interface for media signal monitoring and analysis. Featuring optical/electrical Gigabit Ethernet, ASI in/out, DVB-C QAM cable, DVB-T/T2 COFDM terrestrial, 8VSB for ATSC terrestrial, DVB-S/S2 satellite and external 1PPS GPS time-reference, NOMAD can analyse all RF transmitted DVB signals as well as OTT and multicast/unicast IP transmissions.
With comprehensive IP packet analysis tools, NOMAD is ideal for IP transport understanding regardless of media transported. NOMAD also is shipped with the ultimate in user friendly setup. The unit contains a Wi-Fi zone, and by pointing a laptop towards this, NOMAD is ready for use without further configuration.
As technologies become more and more complex, using Nomad will give invaluable insight into modern media signal behaviours without the need for deep operator knowledge of the media technology used. Cut from a single brick of aluminium, NOMAD sets a new standard for both finish and ruggedness. It is also of very light weight and is the perfect companion to a laptop.
NOMAD ships with extensive functionality for superior digital media understanding right out of the box. Additionally NOMAD has a substantial additional set of extended analysis options, enabling it to outperform the most comprehensive systems on the market in functionality. This also allows NOMAD to be an ideal laboratory tool for desktop analysis in the most demanding environments. NOMAD also sets a new benchmark of affordability in the industry.
Designed to replace old-school PCI cards, USB-based dongles and other laptop-dependent devices, NOMAD is a complete free-standing unit with its own CPU and can be left to monitor signals by itself without the need for a host system.
• 10/100/1000T Gigabit Ethernet interface for video/data analysis
• SFP port for optical Gigabit connectivity
• Optional second Gigabit Ethernet port
• Web-based management interface optionally on all ports
• SSH/TELNET terminal
• Relay video multicasts to 3rd party targets using RDP
• Laser power received level for fault finding on SFP
• Provides 2.4 GHz Wireless Access Point service
• No setup – Nomad is WiFi Zone
• USB 2.0 IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 150Mbit/s dongle
• Supports DVB-S and DVB-S2 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK, GOLD CODES
• L-band input from 950 – 2160 MHz
• Symbol rate range between 1 – 45 MS/s
• 13V/18V/22kHz and DiseqC 1.0 capable for switch control
• High-end RF performance with constellation diagram and over 20 RF parameters
• Auto-scan feature
DVB-T/T2/C TERRESTRIAL & CABLE (European version only)
• Supports DVB-T EN 300-744 and DVB-T2 EN-302-755 (v1.3.1)
• Supports ITU.T J.83 Annex A/C for cable networks (QAM16 up to QAM256)
• Frequency range: 43 – 1002 MHz. Bandwidth 5, 6, 7 and 8 MHz
• Channel Impulse Response diagram & constellation diagram for DVB-T/T2
ATSC TERRESTRIAL & CABLE (US version only)
• 8VSB for ATSC terrestrial applications
• QAM Annex A/B/C for cable applications
• Symbol rate 0.7-7.2MS/s
• QAM modes 16,32,64,128,256
• Constellation plot
• Offers GPS syncronization down to 0.1 us accuracy
• Allows absolute network delay in SFN/T2MI networks to be measured
• Allows absolute Center Frequency Offset measurements on DVB-T/T2
• ASI input according to EN 50083-9, Annex B
• Supports Burst mode, Spread Mode and legacy M2S
• Output selectable feed from ASI, DVB-T/T2/C or DVB-S/S2 input
• Up to 211Mbit/s incoming rate (linespeed ASI)
General network test & analysis, Microburst analysis, Packet capture and analysis, Real-time protocol inspection and trending, IGMPv2/3 analysis
The patented MediaWindow™ is built in, giving easy understanding and visibility into packet streams. With full Ethernet traffic breakdown, every protocol transported can be viewed and understood. Similarly with the RF interfaces; traditional constellation diagrams enable at-a-glance understanding of signal behaviour and quality. Accurate metrics are a key element in providing state-of-the-art measurements that are unrivalled in its class.
NOMAD features 32GB of Flash memory enabling recording of live streams from any input to memory for documentation. Also included is an alarm-triggered recording for later review for multiple sources, all accessible from the web browser. Live, unprocessed streams can be viewed via the built-in Wi-Fi or via the management Ethernet interface. Full Ethernet frame PCAPs can also be recorded to onboard RAM, and downloaded to analyse in Wireshark.
With the rapid growth in the numbers of offshore VSAT systems, and the increasing bandwidth consumption of each installation, a simple, reliable and affordable way of monitoring RF performance is urgently required. NOMAD provides the solution. Capable of analysing RF parameters such as MER, CNR, Eb/N0 and channel power, NOMAD is powerful and highly portable, self-contained and built to withstand the rigours of the offshore environment.
Through packet inspection, TS analysis is built in with the award-winning ETR290 Engine, enabling deep understanding of TS streams. IP packet traffic is viewed in real-time, and broken down into individual protocols, giving an unprecedented and simplified understanding of otherwise complex structures in the transport mechanics.
Total passing of OTT multiscreen playlist and manifest files secures coherence and standards, with full insight into chunk availability, download times, sequence latency, profile alignment and much more. NOMAD is at the forefront of HLS and DASH understanding and analytics. The same goes for the diverse RF interfaces. Full RF metrics, with best-in-class specifications, visualisations of constellation diagrams and advanced analytics like reflections in digital terrestrial networks are all examples of advanced functions not normally found in affordable equipment of this class.
Intuitive GUI for remote access via Wi-Fi or cabled Ethernet
Accurate packet behaviour, IAT histogram, protocol analysis and traffic, autodetection of IP uni/multicast
HLS, HDS, M-DASH, SmoothStream™, RTMP, post-CDN URL token support and manifest validation. Innovative framework for measuring delay of OTT service through distribution chain
Microsecond-accurate and detailed multicast packet monitoring, analysis and alarming with readout and alarming on key parameters relevant to video
Return Data Path forwarding of any transport stream monitored with automated alarm triggered recording to 32GB of on-board Flash memory
Innovative Gold TS framework: part of the award-winning ETR290 Engine for recording a perfect transport stream table set and then can be compared and alarmed against a template
ICMP PING and TraceRoute can be done from inside a location remotely and PING can be setup to alarm if remote device stops responding
MPEG2-TS. H.264/AVC HD, H265/HEVC 4K, AAC, PCM Audio, SCTE-35 signalling, T2-MI encapsulation and more
Total packet understanding with the patented MediaWindow™ visualisation technology for RTP/UDP uni- and multicasts
The award-winning ETR290 Engine with detailed analytics of Priority 1, 2 and 3 tests plus extensions to test CA behaviour, alarm history view, timeline view and much more
Freeze frame, color frame, audio silence detection on services from any NOMAD input
NOMAD is a completely freestanding unit with its own CPU and can perform without the need for any external host system
PCAP Ethernet packet capture onto on-board RAM, filesystem storage accessible via web interface for offline analysis using tools such as Wireshark or tcpdump
Software options as the "bigger brothers" in the Bridge Technologies family
NOMAD reflects the technician and the media professional on the move, and the logo is designed to represent the strength, convenience, flexibility, ruggedness, and most of all simplicity of the product.
The M icon symbolises monitoring glasses — a real time look into broadcast signal behaviour.
• Dimensions: width x length x height (mm): 180x230x20
• Weight: 0.9 kg
• Power usage (max): 22 Watts
• Power supply: External power unit +12V, 1.8A (included)
• Operating temperature: -20 up to +45 degrees C
• Operating humidity: 5% up to 95% non-condensing
• Initial setup by Wi-Fi, Ethernet or separate USB Type-A cable (included)